1945 Franklin Street
Grand Historic Pacific Heights Mansion
Stunningly Re-Imagined Into
The 21st Century
Stunningly Proportioned Entertaining and Living Spaces…
Wonderful Indoor/ Outdoor Flow…
Fabulous Private Amenities…
Spanning three centuries of history, this grandly proportioned circa 1898 Victorian mansion has been stunningly re-imagined for a modern 21st century lifestyle after a fascinating 20th century string of celebrity owners- from Academy Award-winner Nicolas Cage to EST Founder Werner Erhard. This extraordinary blend of new San Francisco combined with one of the City’s most iconic architectural eras and famous residents creates a residence filled with the glamour of the past as well as the vibrancy of a contemporary lifestyle.
- Five bedrooms (all with en-suite baths), six full baths, 3 half baths
- Home theater, wine cellar, spa, office, family/ entertainment room, double living room, great room/ kitchen and den
- 6,957 square feet as per architect, plus ~1,240 square foot finished garage for a total of 8,197 square feet
- 3,781 square foot lot as per city of San Francisco; 27.5’ X 137.5’
- 5-6 car garage
- Extensive renovations 2015-2018
- Elevator from garage servicing four levels of the residence
- Laundy hookups in garage plus laundry room on 2nd floor
- The grandly proportioned main level melds classical elements of exotically-themed stained-glass panels, stunning architectural reliefs, wainscoting as well as boxed-beamed and coved ceilings with huge, open contemporary-style spaces with soaring ceiling heights
- The front living space has a charming rounded Bay seating area, eco-friendly fireplace, high coved ceiling and two unique dragon-themed architectural reliefs and stained-glass windows from the Nicholas Cage era.
- A central entertaining space is highlighted by two exotic stained-glass windows, boxed beam ceilings and a grand classic staircase contrasting with the modern vibe of the space and the light fixture
- The spectacular great room/ kitchen flows seamlessly into the living spaces creating an extraordinary visual sight line spanning the length of the mansion. The open kitchen has two islands and stainless Thermador appliances, including 5- burner gas range and double door refrigerator with freezer. Off the kitchen are a 2nd set of back stairs going to the upper levels
- A back lounging area features Nana-style glass doors that open totally into the garden creating fabulous indoor / outdoor flow, a full bath and spiral staircase going to a mezzanine loft-style office.
- The outside entertaining area enjoys an outdoor kitchen, semi-circular seating area with a round firepit, and steps up to the spa, as well as a stunning 10-foot high and 25-foot wide waterfall feature spanning the width of the property lined on each side with beautiful wood-paneled walls. Night-time lighting and a row of tall bamboos add to the ambience of this fabulous lounging and entertaining space.
- The master bedroom contrasts a large contemporary spa-like master bath with separate tub and walk-in shower with antique rustic wooden shutters
- 2nd bedroom with sleekly-designed en-suite bath
- The wood-paneled den is actually the original EST Brainstorming Room and was reportedly visited by Yoko Ono and other celebrities of the 1970’s
- A 3rd bedroom with en-suite bath has stairs up to the deck with trellis and overlooking the beautiful back outdoor entertaining area
- Laundry closet with stacked washer/ dryer
- A spectacular, bright and airy family/ entertaining room with peaked ceilings and skylights greets guest on this level
- The charming, large 2nd master suite has a charming rounded Bay and spectacular bath with walk-in shower
- The 5th bedroom also has en-suite bath
Lower Amenity Level
- The glass-enclosed, 2,000 bottle wine tasting room comfortably seats 6 or more
- The adjoining media room with movie theater style seating is perfect for movie and popcorn night!
- The resort-like spa has three sinks and two powder rooms, walk-in steam bath and giant jacuzzi with walk-in shower